The MARS Librarian, Dorothea Salo, is holding three sections of a workshop on scholarly communication. These will take place February 22, March 28, and April 20 at 1 pm in Fenwick Library (Conference Room). Learn how MARS fits into the landscape; sign up today or send email to RSVP!
Attendees will leave the workshop with an understanding of:
- The current state of scholarly journal and monograph publishing
- The history of the self-archiving and open-access movements
- Copyright implications of self-archiving and open access
- Problems of digital preservation
- The Mason Archival Repository Service (MARS)