Thanks to a cooperative agreement between University Libraries and the HathiTrust, Mason students, faculty and staff now have online access to hundreds of thousands of books from our libraries’ stacks.
To access a digital version of a book from Mason’s collection:
- Sign in to the HathiTrust
- Select George Mason University from the drop down list
- Login with your Mason NetID and password
- Search for the title(s) you are interested in reading
- For those books where Mason also owns a copy of the title and HathiTrust offers a scanned version of the contents, a “Temporary Access” link will appear. Click that link and you can “check out” the title for online viewing during a one hour “exclusive access” period (renewable under certain conditions). Full details on this emergency temporary access service (ETAS) are available at https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-User-Information
- Mason Libraries Search (e-Books, articles, etc)
- Research Databases
- Publishers/Vendors Expanded Access to Content
- E-Textbook Access
- National Emergency Library
- Media Collections
- Media FAQ for Faculty
- Mason OER Metafinder (MOM)
- Mason Libraries Services + Programs FAQs
- Virtual Reference Service (Research Help Online)
- Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday + Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Noon – 6 p.m.
- Online Learning + Online Workshops
- Subject Guides + Course Guides
- Subject Librarians: Online Appointments
- Virtual DiSC – Digital Scholarship Center
- Special Collections Research Center(SCRC): contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Dissertation + Thesis Services