We are delighted to announce that two of our Libraries’ faculty members – Janna Mattson (Instructional and Social Sciences Librarian) and Michael English (Online Learning Coordinator and Instructional Librarian) – were selected to receive the prestigious H.W. Wilson Library Staff Development Grant, administered by the American Library Association (ALA).
Janna and Michael’s proposal, “13 Things in Blackboard: A Self-paced Online Learning Professional Development Program,” aims to foster Mason Libraries’ faculty/staff knowledge and collaboration in supporting online education.
Please see the press release from the ALA – the award will be presented on Sunday, June 25 at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago – and also join us in congratulating Janna and Michael on their successful initiative, which directly aligns their program with George Mason University’s strategic plan.
Faculty/Staff Awards & Accolades
We have a group of very talented faculty and staff here at the Libraries. We are pleased to announce that Jessica Bowdoin (Head, Access Services) received the 2017 Distinguished Librarian Faculty Award; Katara Wright (Information Servies) received the 2017 Library Staff Excellence Award; and that Jib Vititpongs (Resource Description & Metadata Services) also received the 2017 Library Staff Excellence Award.
Recently, many of our faculty and staff were recognized for their years of service (from five to twenty-five) to George Mason University and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia.
To read about the numerous activities of the Libraries’ faculty and staff, please visit our Accolades page.
Congratulations to the Libraries’ Student Assistants and Graduate Research Assistants* who are Graduating!
Our Libraries’ student assistants, both undergraduate and graduate, perform essential services and support to our Libraries’ faculty/staff and patrons. We wish those who are moving on to the next phase of their educational or professional careers best wishes and success!
- From Access Services: Gillia Baatai, Rachelle Faust, Harrison Peek, Mason Seaman
- From Gateway: Sarah Ho
- From Information Services: Megan (Meggie) Nelson, Angela Anniballi, Pratik Shinde*
- From Resource Description & Metadata Services: Youssef Faragalla, Nam Nguyen
- From Special Collections Research Center: Emily Curley*, Brittney Falter**
**Brittney, who began her work with us in August 2015, accepted a full-time staff position with us earlier this semester – we are excited to have her on board in this new capacity!
Best Wishes to the Class of 2017 from the University Libraries!
Congratulations to the following library staff for their service to George Mason University and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia. The awards will be will be given on April 5 and April 6 at the University Day Service Awards celebrations.
- David Alexander, Access Services, Research and Educational Services
- Jamie Coniglio, Engagement and Organizational Development, Research and Educational Services
- Kathleen Kehoe, Development, Office of the Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- Jessica Bowdoin, Access Services, Research and Educational Services
- Friedgard Cowan, Resource Description & Metadata Services, Technical Services Group
- Allison O’Connor, Teaching and Learning Services, Research and Educational Services
- Vittoria Perrone, Access Services, Research and Educational Services
- Kevin Sanders, Administrative Services, Office of the Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- Jessica Clark, Development and Communications, Office of the Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- Claudia Holland, Scholarly Communications and Copyright, Mason Publishing Group
- Denise Klasen-Lopez, Teaching and Learning Services, Gateway Library
- Lynn Eaton, Special Collections Research Center, Resources and Collection Management Services
- Kimberley Edwards, Information Analysis, Technical Services Group
- Royce Gildersleeve, Teaching and Learning Services, Gateway Library
- Debby Kermer, Data Services Group, Digital Programs and Systems
- Tricia Mackenzie, Resource Description & Metadata Services, Technical Services Group
- Leigh Ann Skeen, Collection Development, Resources and Collection Management Services
- Stephanie Smith, Collection Development, Resources and Collection Management Services