Steve Gerber, Music, Theater and Philosophy Librarian, has been selected for the 2020 Distinguished Library Faculty Award. For the fifteen years Steve has been with Mason’s libraries, he has distinguished himself through his work within the University Libraries, his scholarly and professional contributions to librarianship alongside the discipline of music, his strong record of teaching graduate and undergraduate students as well as his creative output. Steve will be recognized for this outstanding achievement at Mason’s annual Celebration of Teaching event, to be held in fall 2020.
Updated April 2, 2020
Note: Scanning of materials in our physical collection is suspended until further notice as of Noon, Saturday, April 4. Check out our many e-resources and online services highlighted below.
- Digital Resources are available through library.gmu.edu
- Media Collections
- Mason OER Metafinder (MOM)
- HathiTrust – Mason Libraries’ books available online
- Sign in to the HathiTrust
- Select George Mason University from the drop down list
- Login with your Mason NetID and password
- Search for the title(s) you are interested in reading
- For those books where Mason also owns a copy of the title and HathiTrust offers a scanned version of the contents, a “Temporary Access” link will appear. Click that link and you can “check out” the title for online viewing during a one hour “exclusive access” period (renewable under certain conditions).
Please refer to Mason’s covid-19 website for current university information.
Updated April 2, 2020
- Scanning of materials in our physical collection is suspended until further notice as of Noon, Saturday, April 4. Check out our many e-resources highlighted below.
- Many publishers are temporarily loosening restrictions on subsets of content which we are tracking here: https://infoguides.gmu.edu/covid19-econtent.
Digital Resources available through library.gmu.edu
Need more help? Ask a Librarian and/or visit library.gmu.edu for more info on library services during the COVID pandemic.
Online research help – Mason Libraries Virtual Reference – is available during these times:
- Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday + Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday Noon – 6 p.m
Online research help offline? Use our subject guides. We’re at your fingertips! library.gmu.edu/ask