We’re excited to announce that a call has gone out to VIVA Library Directors for nominations for participation in the Open Textbook Network’s System and Campus Leader trainings.
As a reminder these trainings are made available through VIVA’s system wide membership in OTN and include:
- A full-day training for Virginia higher education institutions to create and build Campus Leaders (e.g. train the trainer)
- The ability to send two people from Virginia – future System Leaders – to OTN’s 3-day summer institute at the University of Minnesota
Due to a limited number of spaces, VIVA central worked closely with a sub-committee from the Virginia Scholarly Communications Interest Group (VASCIG) to finalize recommendations for nomination criteria and expectations. These criteria include, among others: leadership and/or demonstrated interest scholarly communication topics, including open education and/or open access initiatives; an ability to organize and implement outreach to faculty; and the ability to attend one or more training. (For a complete list of criteria please email VIVA central. )
- May 15th (Nominations submitted by Library Directors)
- June 10th (System Leaders announced)
- August 8-12 (System Leader Training, University of Minnesota)
- October 6, 2016 (Campus Leader Training, JMU)
This is a wonderful opportunity for selected VIVA members to work across the state on an open education initiative. VIVA has put out a call to Library Directors to nominate individuals from their institutions for these roles, however, if you are interested in participating, or know someone that would be interested, please let your Library Director know asap!
VIVA would also like to thank the VASCIG OTN subcommittee for the time and energy they put into pulling together the recommendations and guidelines. Committee members include: Hillary Miller (VCU), Yasmeen Shorish (JMU), Lucretia McCulley (UofR), Anita Walz (VT), Mike Ours (Lynchburg), Claudia Holland (GMU), and Olivia Reinauer (Tidewater CC).
No Comments yet »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.