Many of you have already moved to the new ProQuest platform, but for those who haven’t yet — the time is coming SOON. From our standpoint, the ideal time frame is July 1- 7, 2012 (no later than July 15) so that all stats will appear on the new platform for FY13.
IMPORTANT: The old platform will not be available after August 21, 2012.
Here is some info that might help:
- Preview the new platform at http://search.proquest.com.
- Our training and transition manager is:
Beth A. Reiten
MLIS, Customer Education & Training Specialist, Eastern Region
ProQuest | 7500 Old Georgetown Rd. #1400 | Bethesda, MD 20814 USA
Office: +1 301 941 2509 | Mobile: +1 240 676 6102
- TRAINING: Beth has scheduled two special webinars for VIVA members:
- Wednesday, May 30 2:00 – 3:00pm EDT
- Monday, June 11 12:00 – 1:00pm EDT
- The webinars can be found in the private VIVA “program” in WebEx at
This is the only URL folks need to find and register for these webinars.
- We encourage you to sign up for other training sessions that ProQuest offers, as appropriate. Check out the other training webinars at www.proquest.com/go/webinars and see the YouTube tutorials at www.proquest.com/go/platformvideos.
- Managing Your Migration checklist: http://www.proquest.com/assets/downloads/products/checklist_np.pdf (It’s on the main Training Materials page (http://www.proquest.com/go/training) rather than on the Support Materials page in the Migration Support Center (http://www.proquest.com/go/migrationsupport) because it’s developed for one of the webinars, rather than part of the SwitchedOn packet.)
- See the list of databases available on the new platform at www.proquest.com/go/dbsupported. Many, if not all, of your ProQuest databases may already be on the new platform or will be moving there.
- Review the “Migration Tips and Tricks” article at www.proquest.com/go/migrationtips.
No Comments yet »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.