The agenda has been set for VIVA’s Vendor Fair coming up on November 13th at VCU. Registration is required and open, so please do so HERE if interested. Details are also available on VENDOR FAIR page on the viva website.
Vendor Demo Day for the Demand Driven Acquisitions RFP
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Virginia Room C/D of the University Student Commons Building
Virginia Commonwealth University
907 Floyd Avenue, Richmond, Virginia 23284
8:30 AM: Coffee
9:00 AM: Welcome and Introductions
9:15 AM: YBP (40 minutes for presentation, 30 minutes for Q&A)
10:25 AM: Break
10:40 AM: Ingram/Coutts (40 minutes for presentation, 30 minutes for Q&A)
11:50 – 12:35 Lunch
12:35 PM EBSCO (40 minutes for presentation, 30 minutes for Q&A)
1:45 PM Break
2:00 PM EBL (40 minutes for presentation, 30 minutes for Q&A)
3:10 PM Break
3:20 PM Wrap-Up
3:45 PM ADJOURN
Many of you have already moved to the new ProQuest platform, but for those who haven’t yet — the time is coming SOON. From our standpoint, the ideal time frame is July 1- 7, 2012 (no later than July 15) so that all stats will appear on the new platform for FY13.
IMPORTANT: The old platform will not be available after August 21, 2012.
Here is some info that might help:
- Preview the new platform at http://search.proquest.com.
- Our training and transition manager is:
Beth A. Reiten
MLIS, Customer Education & Training Specialist, Eastern Region
ProQuest | 7500 Old Georgetown Rd. #1400 | Bethesda, MD 20814 USA
Office: +1 301 941 2509 | Mobile: +1 240 676 6102
- TRAINING: Beth has scheduled two special webinars for VIVA members:
- Wednesday, May 30 2:00 – 3:00pm EDT
- Monday, June 11 12:00 – 1:00pm EDT
- The webinars can be found in the private VIVA “program” in WebEx at
This is the only URL folks need to find and register for these webinars.
- We encourage you to sign up for other training sessions that ProQuest offers, as appropriate. Check out the other training webinars at www.proquest.com/go/webinars and see the YouTube tutorials at www.proquest.com/go/platformvideos.
- Managing Your Migration checklist: http://www.proquest.com/assets/downloads/products/checklist_np.pdf (It’s on the main Training Materials page (http://www.proquest.com/go/training) rather than on the Support Materials page in the Migration Support Center (http://www.proquest.com/go/migrationsupport) because it’s developed for one of the webinars, rather than part of the SwitchedOn packet.)
- See the list of databases available on the new platform at www.proquest.com/go/dbsupported. Many, if not all, of your ProQuest databases may already be on the new platform or will be moving there.
- Review the “Migration Tips and Tricks” article at www.proquest.com/go/migrationtips.
Please mark your calendars - the VIVA ILL Forum is scheduled for Friday, July 13, 2012, at Sweet Briar College.
Join the VIVA Resources for Users Committee and the American Psychological Association for a “train the trainers” session on the APAnet platform. APA is VIVA’s new provider for PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, and PsycBOOKS.
Regional training sessions for VIVA librarians will be held in Roanoke, Richmond, Virginia Beach, and Fairfax. We encourage attendees to register for the closest session. VIVA will reimburse mileage only for travelers from both public and private institutions.
Information about the training sessions, including the registration form, is available here: http://www.vivalib.org/training/apa_training.html
Additional information will be added as it becomes available.
VIVA Resources for Users Committee is pleased to announce that the
VIVA Stats Workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 2, 2010, in the
auditorium of the Harrison Institute/Small Special Collections Library
at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville. Details and registration information:
Online training for Mergent Horizon will be held on March 4 & 5, 2009. Complete information is available here: http://www.vivalib.org/training/mergent_horizon_march09.html