Mason Libraries now offer access to BrowZine, a new tablet app that allows you to browse, read and monitor most of the Libraries’ journals – all from your iPad and/or Android tablet. BrowZine includes thousands of journals, from Open Access publishers such as BioMed Central and PLoS, as well as content from Mason Libraries’ journal subscriptions, including such publishers as ACS, ACM, Elsevier, IEEE, Nature Publishing, Springer, SAGE, Wiley - and more. BrowZine will continue to expand, adding new titles and features for scholarly researchers.Note well: BrowZine for iPhone and Android smartphones is not currently available. The company expects to offer it by late 2013.
Using BrowZine, you can
- Easily read complete scholarly journals in a format that is optimized for tablet devices only (at this time)
- Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
- Receive alerts when new issues of journals are published
- Easily save to Zotero, Mendeley, Dropbox and other services
- Learn more by viewing this two-minute video
How do I start using BrowZine?
- From your iPad or Android tablet, download and install the free iOS or Android app
- When you open BrowZine for the first time, you will see a list of schools; select George Mason University
- Enter your Mason Username and Password
- Select the subject areas and start browsing!
For more information on this exciting new research tool, contact David Gibbs, firstname.lastname@example.org.