Beginning March 31, 2008, George Mason University Libraries will be conducting a library service quality survey of undergraduate students. Developed by the Association of Research Libraries, LibQUAL+tm is a web-based survey that assesses library service quality from a userâ€™s perspective. This assessment will help the University Libraries respond to your expectations for library services, collections, and space. It takes approximately 10 minutes to complete the online survey, assuming a normal computer environment. The LibQUAL+tm survey will be e-mailed to a randomly selected group of undergraduate students. All data collected for this study are confidential.
University Libraries will award George Mason University Bookstore gift certificates valued at $150, $100, and $50 to three survey respondents (to be included in the drawing, respondents must provide a valid e-mail address in the appropriate box on the survey). These gift certificates, which can be used at any Barnes & Noble Bookstore in the United States, will be presented to the winners at the end of the Spring 2008 semester!
The survey will remain open through April 18, 2008. Questions? Please contact Wendy Mann at 3-3715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fenwick Library Fifth Floor will be renovated during Summer 2008.Â The project starts on May 13, 2008.
- 5th Floor (both B & C Wings) will be closed temporarily during the Summer term.
- All books will be packed, removed and put in a climate controlled off-site storage facility.
- Additional shelving for more circulating books will be constructed.
- Books will be returned from the offsite storage facility and reshelved.
- 5th floor will reopen before the start of Fall Semester 2008.
Which library collections are affected?
- Fifth Floor Wing B (Call Numbers PT – QH)
- 5th Floor Wing C (Call Numbers QK – Z / Folios)
Detailed information about 5th floor collection availability, summer and fall term reserves and more is available on the FenRen 2008 wiki.
FenRen 2008 Questions?
University Libraries are pleased to announce several library faculty appointments:
- Scott Watkins, Head, Educational Services (email@example.com, 3-9404, Johnson Center Library)
- Beth Roszkowski, Public Policy & Management Studies Liaison Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org, 3-9834, Arlington Campus Library)
- Jordan Patty, Processing Archivist/Librarian, Special Collections & Archives (email@example.com, 3-3559, Fenwick Library)
- Theresa Calcagno, Information Technology & Engineering Liaison Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org, 3-3712, Fenwick Library
- George Oberle, Head, Johnson Center Library (email@example.com, 3-9012, Johnson Center Library)
- Joe Becker, Head, Serials (firstname.lastname@example.org, 3-2204, Fenwick Library)
- Janna Mattson, Social Sciences Liaison Librarian (email@example.com, 3-8348, Mercer Library/Prince William)
Mario Ascencio, Visual Arts Liaison Librarian, has been named a 2008 “Mover and Shaker” by Library Journal. Way to go, Mario! Congratulations!