Mason doctoral students who need dedicated space for dissertation work may apply for exclusive use of the new Dissertation Writers’ Room (DWR) in the Arlington Campus Library (Founders Hall). The DWR features four assigned work spaces and secure storage for research materials. Dissertation Writers’ Room access will be provided Spring through Summer 2014 semesters.
Interested students, who have passed their comprehensive exams and are in good standing with the University Libraries, are qualified to apply. Departmental verification of a doctoral student’s academic standing is required to complete the application form. Spaces in the DWR will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until room capacity is met.
Download the application form and return to the Arlington Campus Library’s Circulation Desk while there are still spaces left! Applications may also be obtained in person at the ACL Circulation Desk. For more information, contact April Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-993-8057
Is your paper done? Johnson Center Library and The Writing Center are hosting an Undergraduate Research & Write-In Day on Monday, December 9, from Noon to 5:00pm. The Undergraduate Research & Write-In Day offers students a structured environment in which to write their final papers. The JC Library Instruction Room (Room 228) is the venue, allowing for quiet work, free from distractions. JC Library and Writing Center staff will be available to assist undergrads with research and writing needs during the event. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops or use one of the library’s laptops.
Register by December 5, 2013 to attend! Space is limited to 30 participants. Lunch will be provided! For more information, contact Allison O’Connor, email@example.com, 703-993-9055.
Fenwick Library is testing an added service for Mason students! During Reading Days and Final Exams, December 8 through 17, 2013, Fenwick will be open 24 hours on the days and dates as follows:
- Sunday, December 8 : Open at 9:00 am**
- Monday – Thursday, December 9 – 12: Open 24 Hours**
- Friday, December 13: Close at 11:00 pm**
- Saturday, December 14 : 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Sunday, December 15: Open at 9:00 am**
- Monday & Tuesday, December 16 – 17: Open 24 Hours**
- Wednesday, December 18: Close at 6:00 pm**
** During Midnight-7:30am:
- Mason security guards will be on duty in the building.
- ONLY Mason students, faculty and staff will be allowed to enter and are required to show a valid Mason ID card at the door.
- Regular Fenwick Library services including circulation, reference, interlibrary loan, data services, special collections, etc. will not be available.
- George Mason University Print Services will NOT be staffed.
- For more information, please call 703-993-2240.
Johnson Center, Arlington Campus and Mercer/Prince William Libraries Finals Hours