Come celebrate Mason’s Thirty-Sixth Annual International Week with Gateway Library! Test your Bollywood knowledge with our staff in Gateway Library, Room 228. Fun, food and prizes are in store at this iWeek event. Join us April 5 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.!
For more information, please contact Allison O’Connor, aoconnor at gmu.edu, 703-993-9055.
Celebrate Pride Week!
Dinner + A Movie: “Kate Bornstein is a Queer & Pleasant Danger”
- April 7, 6-9 p.m. 228 Gateway Library
- Gateway Library is hosting a dinner and a movie for Pride Week 2017.
- Co-sponsored by Pride Alliance.
- For more information, please contact Izzie Hunsberger, msibley2 at gmu.edu
Film Screening: “Moonlight”
- April 13, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Johnson Center Cinema
- 2017 Oscar for Best Picture.
- Co-sponsored by University Libraries, Film & Media Studies, Film & Video Studies, ODIME, and African & African American Studies.
- For more information, please contact Patricia West, pwest6 at gmu.edu
Help stock the Mason Pop-Up Pantry! Gateway Library is sponsoring a donation drive from March 31 through April 8. Drop off your pantry donations at either Gateway Library or Fenwick Library service desks. You will receive a chance to win a Panera Gift Certificate! (One chance per each item donated).
What does the Pantry need?
- Granola Bars
- Rice, Pasta
- Chips, Drinks, Soy Milk
- Crackers & Cereal
- Toiletries, Cleaning Supplies, Detergent, Dish Soap
- Pens, Pencils, Paper Clips
- Canned Fruit & Meat
- Paper Towels
- Tofu, Organic Items
- Pasta Sauce
- Bottled Water
- Kleenex (Boxes)
For more information, please contact Allison O’Connor, Gateway Library, aoconnor @ gmu.edu
University Libraries is now accepting applications for this year’s Fenwick Fellow competition. The Fellowship is awarded annually to a Mason faculty member to support a research project that uses and enhances the Libraries’ resources while advancing knowledge in his or her field.
Beginning this year, up to two Fellowships of $5,000 each may be awarded. Program guidelines have been expanded to include funding for an additional fellowship for a project proposal that specifically aligns with the Libraries’ activities in the area of digital scholarship.
Application deadline is Friday, May 5, 2017. The awardee(s) will be announced at the start of the Fall academic term. University Libraries sponsor a public lecture by each Fenwick Fellow in the Spring term following the completed fellowship.
Detailed prorgam guidelines and information are available on the library’s website (library.gmu.edu/about/fellow/apply). Questions? Please contact Debra Hogan, dhogan1 at gmu.edu