Are you a Mason undergraduate student working on an original research, independent study, senior design or capstone project? Are you thinking about submitting your research for publication? Would you like to learn more about the publication process? UNIV 370: Navigating the Academic Publishing Process is the class for you! By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- identify and select appropriate publication/presentation venues
- prepare a publication proposal
- prepare a paper for publication/presentation
- survive the peer review process
- identify and avoid ethical issues related to publication and copyright
UNIV 370: Navigating the Academic Publishing Process details
- When: Tuesdays, 3:00 – 4:15 PM
- Where: Fenwick Library, Rm 1014A
- Credits: 0 to 1 credits
- Instructor: Theresa Calcagno, Research Librarian
Need more information? Contact Theresa Calcagno, tcalcagn at gmu.edu
Mason Libraries offer 24/7 online access to Rosetta Stone, the premier software for language learning. Acquire a new language or brush up your skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening as well as grammar and vocabulary.
- Thirty languages available: Arabic. Chinese (Mandarin). Dari. Dutch. English (American). English (British). Filipino (Tagalog). French. German. Greek. Hebrew. Hindi. Indonesian. Irish. Italian. Japanese. Korean. Latin. Pashto. Persian (Farsi). Polish. Portuguese (Brazil). Russian. Spanish (Latin America). Spanish (Spain). Swahili. Swedish. Turkish. Urdu. Vietnamese.
- Free access to this Mason Libraries’ database for Mason students, faculty and staff.
- Users must create a free login account to access Mason Libraries’ Rosetta Stone language collection.
login. learn. library.gmu.edu/rosetta
Update: July 14, 2016
Fenwick Library Floor 2 Wings B and C are closed until further notice for remodeling to accommodate expanding library services, collections and programs. What’s happening?
- Floors 2B and 2C are closed to the public.
- Music Collection & Services remain open in Gateway Library until they are relocated to Fenwick 2B.
- Data Services is temporarily located in 4607 Fenwick (Floor 4, Wing B) and will move to remodeled 2C space as a key part of Fenwick’s new Digital Scholarship Center.
Welcome, summer students! Mason Libraries Summer Session hours for Fairfax, Arlington and the Science + Technology Campuses are posted. Virtual Reference service hours are also online.